How many of you out there think you are a Facebook addict? What is it with Facebook that has everyone glued to it day and night? People perceive Facebook as a blessing where as others perceive it as burden, but the truth remains that Facebook is definitely taking over the world.
Facebook is a social networking site which is popular not only with teenagers or youth; it is growing on working people as well as old people. Everybody seems to be on Facebook and it is definitely a great way to keep in touch with friends, find lost friends and make new friends. Facebook was started in 2004 by a cyber brain from the Harvard University but within a span of two years it spread to almost all the world and had 4.7million users which set the new record.
Facebook is quickly making everyone slaves to this site. It is a crazy drug where everyone is constantly logged on to it irrespective of the fact that they have work or they do not have anything to do. It is considered a cyber drug where millions of people are becoming addicts by the day. You think you are not addict? Take a rain check and see for yourself. Here are a few symptoms or signs of Facebook addiction.
1. When you are ready to put off important work or use your study time to browse through Facebook and go through the photos that have been uploaded by various friends and family.
2. When you have access to the internet on your mobile phones and you always tend to visit the Facebook page at least once a day. You are always craving to know what is new on you profile.
3. You tend to have a rift or an argument with your partner or significant other about changing your relationship status where you might officially want to declare you are dating and in a relationship.
4. You are on a rat race to add more friends to your list and always looking to add people. When you hit 200 friends you might just throw a party. You are always looking to see how many friends your significant other or best friend has and you will want to beat that number.
5. You tend to get frustrated if you do not find a person you are looking for on Facebook. In the process of looking for that one person you will add approximately another 5 on the way just because you were browsing your friend’s website to check if that one person is there.
6. You tend to check your profile at least 3 times a day. You need to know the latest as soon as you wake up in the morning, you will be browsing through this site whenever you are free and you will definitely check it once more before you retire for bed.
7. You will update your status at least 3 times a day. You will make sure the whole world knows what is happening with you. You will upload any photo you click. You will drown in your sorrows through Facebook and share all your good times too. Facebook is your life.