Transformers are nothing but static electrical instruments that transfer energy by inductive coupling between its winding circuits. These are essential components in almost every electrical electronic product that is available today. A transformer fails in most electronic equipment due to various reasons. Now, let us see how does it occur? When the current goes through a coil or winding, the coil gets heats up at either end and opens up completely, thereby the insulation between the coils can break down, causing the coil to be partly or completely shorten up. Thus it causes damage to the device, transformer tester – an ideal solution to solve this problem.
This device is a versatile tool that has been used in testing transformers and the connections related to it. With this tool, we can test the transformer very easily and quickly. One of the significant features is that it is useful for the quick screening of incoming and outgoing transformers for both the primary and secondary shorts and opens. Such as, for example, loss through resistances, parasitic capacities, leakage inductance, coupled capacities, leaking resistances, core losses and many more.
Significance of transformer tester:
• This tester is ideal for high speed test in manufacturing and in transformer tester systems.
• One of the great features of this tester is that they are suitable for wide range of transformers and are expandable.
• This device would come up with an optional feature pneumatic or manual test fixture, to generate a test system, and its frequencies range from 20 Hz – 200 kHz.
• This device is available in different models that are well fit according to the different modes of the transformer.
• Besides that, transformer accessories are also available, accessory series consist of several kelvin test leads, foot switch, Kelvin measuring pliers, SMD adapter, GPIB boards and electrical and pneumatic test fixture.
This device is also useful in the assessment of correct gauge strength, correct material selection, number of coils, correct placement between coils, quality of dielectric, isolation thickness, polarity, coil isolation, power loss, impedance energy loss, phase angle, leakage inductance, magnetism current, insertion loss, coil resistances. Besides these, it also has the checking capacitor to check all kinds of winding, whatever may be the mode whether it is low voltage, high voltage, current transformer, electric transformer, etc. this device will be able to check and test it.
Transformer repair is not an easy task as you may think and it needs a good skill to do it. Most of the transformer repairers prefer to have a tester or device to rectify. Therefore, this device is an ideal device to solve all the problems that would come up in a transformer.